Strawberry Balsamic Chicken
Recipe by Brooke Mohlenhoff for Wyman’s
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 chicken thighs, boneless & skinless (see note below)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Wyman’s strawberries, diced (see note below)
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in hot skillet.
- Cook on one side for 5 minutes, or until you can easily flip over.
- Turn chicken over and cook for an additional 6 minutes until fully cooked on inside.
- Remove chicken and place on a large serving plate. Cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Returning to pan, reduce heat to medium.
- Add broth, vinegar, and diced strawberries. Scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen the bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Stirring occasionally, let sauce reduce for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce has reduced in half.
- Once thickened, pour over chicken and serve.
- Can substitute in chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs (recommend cutting in half lengthwise for optimal juiciness)
- Recommend thawing Wyman’s strawberries for easier dicing. Do not thaw in microwave; take out bag a few hours prior for best thawing.
- Great side dishes to serve alongside are brussels sprouts, asparagus, and potatoes.