Cherry Baked Brie
Recipe by Jen Bates for Wyman’s
- 3⁄4 cup Wyman’s Dark Sweet & Red Tart Cherries
- 1 8oz round of brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed but cool
- 1⁄4 chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream (optional)
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or a sheet of parchment paper.
- Cut the Wyman’s cherries into halves or quarters (they can still be frozen).
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry on a floured surface. On the center of the pastry layer the cherries, (optional) nuts, and then brie.
- Pick up the edges of the pastry and fold it over the brie, sealing in the toppings. Carefully pick up the wrapped cheese and pastry and place it upside down onto the baking sheet (so that, under the pastry, the top is the berries and nuts mixture, and the cheese is under it).
- Brush the outside of the pastry with heavy cream and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, till the crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into.
- Serve with your preferred assortment of accompaniments such as apple slices, grapes, crackers and/or honey!