Delicious & Fruitritious!
In all its scrumptious, colorful variety, Wyman’s frozen fruit is packed with a wide range of nutrients that are vital for your health. In fact, research shows that people who eat more fruits and vegetables as part of an overall healthy diet may have a lower risk of some chronic diseases.
Eating a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables may reduce your risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke and may also protect against certain types of cancer.
Fresh or frozen, fruit is one of Mother Nature’s most amazing foods! Here’s why it’s important to add more fruit to your diet:
- Most fruits are naturally low in calories, sodium and fat – with zero cholesterol!
- Fruits provide many essential nutrients that we need more of, including:
- Potassium – Important to help combat high blood pressure, a risk factor for heart disease. May also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
- Dietary fiber – Important to help reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease, obesity and type 2 diabetes. Also important for proper bowel function.
- Vitamin C – Important for growth and repair of all body tissues and keeps teeth and gums healthy. Provides antioxidant defense against infection and disease.
- Folate (folic acid) – Helps the body form red blood cells and helps reduce the risk of birth defects.
- Fiber-rich fruit satisfies your hunger with fewer calories, helping you to maintain a healthy body weight.
- Fruits are a source of phytonutrients or compounds that naturally occur only in plants and are associated with a wide range of potential health benefits. Phytonutrients work synergistically with the vitamins, minerals and fiber in whole fruits to help reduce disease risk.
Learn why these frozen fruits are so “fruitritious”:
- Wild Blueberries – Antioxidant Superstars!
- Strawberries – Vitamin C Power!
- Red Raspberries – Vitamin C, Fiber & More!
- Blackberries – Packed with Phytonutrients!
- Mangoes – Excellent Source of Vitamin C!
- Cherries - All About The Anthocyanin!
- Kale - Fiber Plus Phytonutrients!