Preferred Supplier Around the World
Wyman’s of Maine is the preferred supplier of IQF wild blueberries and other frozen fruits to premier companies around the world. We have earned our reputation for excellence by delivering a combination of quality, food safety and value that is unmatched in our industry.
We source most of our fruit from our own fields. We also source fruits from international partners who must adhere to the same high quality guidelines and food safety practices that you've come to expect from all of Wyman's products. We are the only Wild Blueberry processor that incorporates a Quality Incentive Plan into our grower compensation.
- Wyman’s processing plants (two in Maine and one on Prince Edward Island) operate 24 hrs per day, 7 days per week during the harvest season
- Nearly all of our fresh fruit is IQF (Individually Quick Frozen) processed within 24 hours of harvest, locking in fresh fruit flavor, character and nutrition
- Our state-of-the-art technology, including in-ground irrigation, controlled cold storage, laser scanners, metal detectors and advanced processing equipment assures the highest level of quality
- Our growers are trained in our GAP (Good Agriculture Practices), IPM (Integrated Pest Management) and Sustainability programs.
- We have scale: by serving large, premier customers worldwide, we adopt their expectations and translate them into actions throughout our factories through to the farm level in Maine, Canada and Chile
Our quality is monitored closely by Wyman’s trained professionals and by outside auditors. Wyman’s has proudly achieved the highest rating (Superior) from the American Institute of Baking (AIB) for 11 consecutive years. Wyman’s products are kosher certified.
Wyman’s fruit receiving program allows for the traceability of all products sold. All Wyman’s fruit is thoroughly washed and lightly sanitized before freezing. As a further precaution, the fruit is extensively tested for pathogens or pesticide residuals. In-line controls such as metal detectors are used throughout our processing lines.
- Our Cherryfield processing facility achieved Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Level 2 certification in April 2012
- Our factories are third-party certified and we are the industry leader in HACCP programs, environmental testing and finished product testing
Along with competitive pricing, Wyman's of Maine provides a full-service program to our customers, who define value as quality they can trust. The advantages of partnering with us include:
- Inspections you don’t have to perform, because we do
- Baking batters not ruined by color migration or foreign material
- Efficient deliveries and responsive service
- Knowledgeable people, in sales, customer service and quality assurance
Please visit our Industrial products page.